Today we have the first upload of Glenn’s Team for 2013. Feel free to steal it, use it or even laugh at it, but at the very least learn from it and work with it as you mould your own team in the weeks ahead.
It includes Glenn’s complete team going into the 3rd week of NAB cup and a quick brief on each of his selections. Hopefully it gives you some more to think about, to see how another one of our contributors is forming his team structure.
Here it is… (CLICK TO SEE FULL SIZE)
- Goddard/Gibbs – Must Have’s.
- Birchall – He looks the goods again this year.
- Heppell – 3rd year of AFL. About to explode, plus his DP status may help.
- Goodes/Docherty/Stevenson/Terlich – Look like cheapest rookie cash cows to have so far.
- Swan/Ablett – No explanation needed.
- Cotchin – Should explode with captaincy.
- Mitchell – Safe as they come.
- Murphy – Underpriced IMO.
- Wines/O’Meara/Viney/Crouch – About the standard 4 mid rookies we all have.
- Kennedy – Should get games and gives me DP. Easy change if he doesn’t get games.
- Goldstein – Has potential. Scored 144, 140 and 136 last year when he was the sole ruck.
- Leuenberger – Cheap.
- Daw – Looks promising.
- Osborn – I feel the 4th ruck can be a wasted position sometimes and i needed the money elsewhere. Went the cheapest option possible. Rookie rucks generally don’t make you much cash anyway.
- Cox – Felt he is better utilised in the forwards. For now.
- Rockliff – No brainer for me with his goal kicking prowess and midfield role.
- Wright – This guy has all the tools to be just like Brent Harvey and has had a cracker Pre Season.
- Martin – I, and many others were burnt by him last year. 4th year in the system. Its time.
- Byrnes – Underpriced and will get me to a premium quickly.
- Macaffer – Great price and should see a 75 avg like we did in 2010.
- Neade/Lee – Could change to any other rookies playing round 1.
This team will probably change a few times before round 1, but thats where it sits right now.
Overall its another really strong team and I cant wait to see what changes you make and what you pump out for Round 1.
Thanks heaps mate!
Stay tuned for more Teams, Cheat Sheets and Rookie Advice as we approach the end of the NAB cup.